“The darling of many Democrats in Western Wayne…”
My name is Dayna Polehanki and I’m running to be your State Senator. I am a proud Livonia resident and have taught 12th grade English for the past 16 years. In this role, I have earned 2018 Teacher of the Year, held leadership within our local teachers’ union, and advocated on behalf of students and teachers. As a small business owner, I have put Michigan actors to work for 10 years. Now I’m ready to put my experience to work advocating for you—my friends and neighbors in Livonia, Plymouth, Canton, Northville, and Wayne—in the Michigan State Senate. I hope I can earn your vote on Tuesday, August 7th or by absentee ballot.
I hope I can earn your vote on Tuesday, August 7th.
- 2018 "Teacher of the Year" at New Haven Community Schools.
- Former New Haven Education Association building representative.
- As first ever Data Coordinator, was a key player in making New Haven High School a Michigan Department of Education Reward School.
- Holds State of Michigan School Administrator Certificate.
- Master's Degree in Teaching.
- Central Michigan University graduate - magna cum laude.
- One of two recipients of the 2017 Michigan Schools and Government Educator Advantage Scholarship.
- Casting Society of America member.
- Owner of Detroit Casting Company.
- Former Manager of Features Casting at Paramount Pictures.
- Michigan casting director of "Alex Cross," "Into the Storm," and "The End of the Tour" (partial list).
- Proud wife of Jim Walkup, Supervisor at Ford Motor Company's Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne.